Made this? How was it?
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 6 to 8 bacon, minced
- 1/2 chicken stock
- 1 1/4 double cream
- 4 to 5 ripe , roughly
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
How to make Plantain mash with bacon
1) Heat a Dutch oven, or a large saucepan with a closely-fitting lid, over a medium-high heat and add the onion, garlic and bacon. Cook until the bacon is crisp, about 12 to 15 minutes.
2) Stir in the stock and 240ml of the cream. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the. Simmer the mixture until the are tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
3) Add the remaining cream and the salt and pepper.together until well combined. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
Cook's Note: Add a little more stock if the
- Spicy sweet spring greens
- Seasoned sweet potato puree
- Mashed parsnips with mascarpone che...
- Spicy swiss chard
- Smoky red beans and rice
- Packin' a punch broccoli slaw
- Herb roasted tomatoes
- Grilled potato salad with parsley p...
- Holiday bliss potato salad
- Smoky sweet potato gratin
- Tempura fried string beans
- Streaky bacon wrapped potato with h...