Recipe by: Ina Garten
- 900g red plums, cut in half, pitted and cut into 2.5cm wedges
- 140g caster sugar
- 170g plain flour
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 250g fresh raspberries
- 60g light brown soft sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 110g cold unsalted ,
- 45g quick-cooking oats
- 60g flaked almonds, plus extra for sprinkling
How to make Plum Raspberry Crumble
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas mark 4. In a large bowl, combine theplums, 50g of the caster sugar, 30g of the flour and the orange juice and toss well. Add the raspberries and toss lightly. Pour into a 23 by 30 by 5cm deep baking dish.
2) For the topping, place the remaining flour and caster sugar, the brown sugar and the salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse a few times to combine. Add theand pulse until the is pea-sized.
3) Pour the mixture into a bowl, add the oats, and work it with your hands until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the 60g of almonds and mix well. Spread the topping evenly over the plums, making sure the fruit is covered. Sprinkle with some extra almonds.
4) Bake for 40 minutes, or until the fruit is tender and bubbly and the topping is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.