1. Put all ingredients for the poaching liquid into a saucepan that is large enough to hold the fillets.
2. Heat for 10-15 minutes over a low heat so that the flavours infuse and penetrate into the liquid.
3. Immerse the fillets into the stock making sure it is completely covered by the liquid.
4. Cook for approximately 8-10 minutes depending on how you like it.
5. After 3 minutes, add the asparagus and cook for up to 5 minutes or until the asparagus is tender and the salmon is cooked.
6. Whilst the salmon is poaching make the sauce. Heat the olive oil in a pan until hot and add the olives.
7. Fry for up to a couple of minutes until fragrant, then add the garlic anchovies and cornichons.
8. Continue to sauté for a minute or two.
9. Once the flavours have blended, add the cream, then remove from the heat.
10. Combine thoroughly. Add the chopped herbs and the lemon juice.