2) Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over a medium heat. Add the pak choy and blanch for no more than 1 or 2 minutes. Remove the pak choy from the water and immediately plunge it into a bowl of ice water to shock it and stop the cooking. When cool, drain and set aside.
3) Finely chop the spring onion and cut the shiitake mushrooms into julienne slices. Slice the nori into thin strips.
4) Put a medium frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the vegetable oil. Add the prawns to the hot oil for about 1 minute per side, just until they turn pink.
5) Put the prawns and clams into the hot broth and poach them for about 2 minutes. Add the pak choy and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute more.
6) Remove the prawns and clams from the broth and put them into a shallow bowl. Surround them with the pak choy and shiitake mushrooms. Pour 1 or 2 ladles of broth over the dish and garnish with chopped spring onion and nori strips.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.