More Recipes You May Like
- 960ml chicken broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp star anise
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp orange peel
- 1 baby pak choy, halved
- 1 tbsp spring onion
- 75g shiitake mushrooms
- 1 sheet nori paper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 extra-large (U-10) prawns, peeled and deveined
- 12 littleneck clams
How to make Poached tiger prawns with clams, pak choy and shiitake mushrooms
1) To make thebroth, place the chicken stock in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium heat. Add the soy, ginger, star anise, fish sauce and orange peel. Reduce the heat and simmer until the broth absorbs the seasonings, about 15 minutes. Strain and then put the broth back in the pan over a low heat.
2) Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over a medium heat. Add the pak choy and blanch for no more than 1 or 2 minutes. Remove the pak choy from the water and immediately plunge it into a bowl of ice water to shock it and stop the cooking. When cool, drain and set aside.
3) Finelythe spring onion and cut the shiitake mushrooms into . the nori into thin strips.
4) Put a medium frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the vegetable oil. Add the prawns to the hot oil for about 1 minute per side, just until they turn pink.
5) Put the prawns and clams into the hot broth andthem for about 2 minutes. Add the pak choy and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute more.
6) Remove the prawns and clams from the broth and put them into a shallow bowl. Surround them with the pak choy and shiitake mushrooms. Pour 1 or 2 ladles of broth over the dish and garnish withspring onion and nori strips.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.