For the cauliflower puree:
1) Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and cook until they're fragrant, about 1 minute.
2) Add the shallots, ginger and garlic and cook until softened but not browned. Add the tomatoes and saute until soft. Add the cauliflower, turmeric and chilli, and saute until just slightly golden. Add just enough vegetable stock to cover by 0.5cm. Bring to a simmer and cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 5 minutes.
3) Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree.
For the poached salmon:
1) Put the garlic and coconut in a blender and blend to make a paste, adding a little water if necessary. Transfer the paste to a small bowl and stir in the cumin, turmeric and pepper.
2) Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until they're softened but not browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic-coconut paste and cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the fish stock and chilli and simmer the sauce for 30 minutes.
3) Preheat the oven to 140C/Gas 1.
4) Season the bass fillets with sea salt and let stand for 5 minutes. Bring the fish stock sauce up to a boil and add the coconut milk. Bring up to a boil once again.
5) Add the bass to the sauce and bake in the middle of the oven until the fish is just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
6) To serve, plate the fish on some sauce and spoon the cauliflower puree around it.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.