Made this? How was it?
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 240ml milk, warmed
- 30g unsalted , melted
- 3 large eggs
- 30g lard or 3tbsp vegetable oil
How to make Yorkshire puddings
1) Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas7.
2) In a medium bowl,together the flour and salt. In another bowl, together the milk, and eggs. Make a well in the centre of the flour, pour in the milk mixture, and to make a smooth batter. Set batter aside for 10 minutes.
3) Meanwhile divide the lard between theof a 6-large muffin tin. Heat in the oven for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and, using a ladle, divide the batter between the . Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, without opening the oven. Lower the heat to 180C/Gas4 and continue to cook the puddings until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
4) Right after removing the puddings from the oven, insert the point of a knife into each one to release the steam. Serve immediately with roast beef.
Cook's Note: This recipe can also be made in a 12-smallmuffin tin. Baking time and temperature will remain the same.
Variation: Puddings can be served withand jam, syrup or maple syrup. Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- Roasted Brussels sprouts with rashe...
- Honeyed Brussels Sprouts
- Stuffed mushrooms
- Roasted root vegetables
- Provencal Potato Gratin
- Potato cheese croquettes
- Roasted new potatoes with garlic
- Roasted parsnip, carrot and ginger....
- Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary
- Aunt Sylvia's noodle pudding
- Cider mop