1. Stud the onion with the cloves. Place in a large saucepan with the water, haricot beans, bouquet garni and sausages and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the sausages are cooked. Strain, reserving the stock.
2. Skin the pork belly and dice along the other raw meats. In a separate pan, gently brown the meats.
3. In a large lidded pan, heat the oil and saute the onion, carrot, celery and garlic for 10 minutes until soft. Add the browned meats and the tomato puree, and cook until the tomato puree darkens in colour - about 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, herbs and the beans with 800ml of the cooking stock and the wine. Check the seasoning. Peel the sausage and cut into diagonal slices. Skin and strip the meat off the confit duck legs and tuck both into the liquid.
5. Put on the lid, bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour, then remove the lid and cook for another 30 minutes. Check the seasoning and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Kenwood's Around the World in 80 Plates