1. Finely chop the cabbage and carrots.
2. Sprinkle ½ tablespoon of salt over the chopped vegetables, mix thoroughly and leave for about 30 minutes. Some of the vegetable juice will be released during this resting time.
3. Using your hands, squeeze dry the vegetables. In a bowl, mix thoroughly the grated ginger and spring onion with the pork mince. Add the squeeze dried vegetables into the bowl of ginger; spring onion and pork mince and mix thoroughly. Add the rest of the seasoning ingredients listed and mix well.
4. Place a dumpling skin between your palm and fingers, put 2 generous teaspoons of the vegetable mixture in the middle of the skin, brush water around the edges and fold one half over the other. Press to seal the edge together.
5. To make the dumpling more decorative, fold the ends.
6. Heat a pan and add 1 litre of organic chicken stock, add the water, shredded Chinese leaf, woodear mushrooms, rice vinegar, low sodium light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, ground white pepper, sliced red chilli and bring to the boil and then add the spring onions.
7. In a separate pan, bring some water to the boil and gently drop the dumplings into the boiling water. Continue to cook the dumplings in water, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
8. The dumplings are cooked when they all float on the surface (about 2-3 minutes). Remove the dumplings from the pan using a slotted spoon and transfer the dumplings to soup serving bowls.
9. To serve the dumplings in a hot and sour soup broth, ladle over the hot and sour broth and cover the dumplings.
10. Garnish with red chillies and coriander and serve immediately.