Recipe by Anne Burrell
More Recipes You May Like
- 150g plain flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten with 1 tbsp water
- 120g panko bread crumbs
- 120g pecorino, plus 30g shaved pecorino
- 2 boneless pork loin chops, butterflied and gently flattened with the bottom of a saute pan
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion,
- 75g oyster mushrooms, cut into bite-size pieces
- 90g (1cm) Granny Smith apple
- 100g escarole, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 radicchio trevisano,
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 50g toasted green pumpkin seeds
How to make Pork Milanese with warm autumn salad
1) Preheat the oven to 100C/Gas 1/4 or the lowest it will go. Place the flour in a shallow bowl, the beaten egg in a second bowl, and the panko mixed with thepecorino in a third bowl.
2) Season the pork generously with salt on both sides. Using 1 hand for wet ingredients and the other hand for dry ingredients, coat the meat in the flour, then in the eggs, and then in the breadcrumbs, pressing the panko onto the pork to adhere. Set aside until ready to cook.
3) Add the olive oil to a large frying pan over a medium heat, to a depth of about a 1cm. Check the temperature of the oil by dipping the edge of the pork into it; if it does not sizzle and bubble STOP and WAIT! Check again in another minute; if the oil is smoking it is too hot.
4) When the oil is at the proper temperature gently add the pork. Do not crowd the pan or you will end up with greasy pork; it may be necessary to work in batches. When the pork is beautifully golden brown and cooked through, remove from the pan and blot on paper towels. Put the pork on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and place in the warm oven.
5) Pour a thin layer of oil into another large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, season with salt, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms, season with salt, and cook until they are soft and wilted, about 3 to 4 minutes. If the pan is looking dry add another few drops of olive oil.
6) Toss in the apples and remove the pan from the heat. Add the escarole and radicchio and toss with the vinegar and more olive oil and salt, if needed.
7) Arrange a piece of pork in the centre of each plate and top with the salad. Sprinkle with the shaved pecorino and pumpkin seeds. You rock!