Made this? How was it?
- 1 small russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons coarsely fresh coriander leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, finely
- 1 small courgette, and squeezed dry in clean kitchen towel
- 90g queso fresco or feta cheese
- 2 strips cooked crumbled turkey bacon, optional
How to make Potato and Courgette Frittata
Bring the potatoes with enough cold water to cover to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook, over medium-high heat, until the potatoes are tender, 6 to 8 minutes; drain and pat dry.
together the eggs, egg whites, coriander, salt, and hot sauce in a large bowl.
Preheat the grill to medium-high.
Heat the oil in a medium (10-inch) ovenproof nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, 2 minutes. Add courgette and cook until tender, about 6 minutes more. Add the cooked potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes begin to brown slightly, about 4 minutes more.
Evenly pour the egg mixture over the vegetable mixture. Cook, over medium heat, tilting the pan and lifting the edges with a rubber spatula to let the uncooked egg flow underneath. Sprinkle with the cheese and the bacon, if using. Broil, 5 to 7 inches from the heat, until the eggs puff and are just set and the cheese is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove carefully to a plate, or serve in wedges directly from the pan.
- Grilled chicken with gremolata and....
- Herbed egg white omelette with toma...
- Egg white omelette with cucumbers a...
- Herbed gorgonzola mushroom frittata...
- Potato and horseradish crusted salm...
- Indoor-grilled salmon
- Lamb chops with mint-walnut pesto
- Old-Fashioned Spaghetti and Meatbal...
- Stuffed Chicken Divan with a Sherry...
- Grilled beef fillet
- Open faced banana cinnamon toasts
- Spice rubbed lamb chops with green....