Made this? How was it?
- 1 medium King Edward potato (about 250g), peeled and cut into six pieces
- Salt, as needed, plus 2 tsp
- 90g unsalted , at room temperature
- 4 (175g) centre-cut skinless salmon fillets
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp single cream
- 2 to 3 tbsp drained prepared horseradish
- 4 (5cm) chive segments, for garnish
How to make Potato and horseradish crusted salmon
1) Place a rack about 10cm down from the grill element and preheat. Put the potato in a medium saucepan, cover with water by 5cm, and season generously with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, lower the heat, and simmer until very tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
2) Meanwhile, preheat a large frying pan or skillet over a medium-high heat and add 30g of the. Season the salmon all over with salt and pepper. When the foaming subsides, place the salmon in the pan and cook, turning once, until well-browned, about 1.5 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet.
3) Put the cooked potatoes in a small bowl with the 2 tsp of salt, 30g of the, the single cream and the horseradish and, using a fork, until fluffy. Season with pepper, to taste.
4) Melt the remaining 30g ofin a small saucepan. Using your hands, press about 1/4 of the potato mixture onto the top of each salmon fillet, to form a thin crust. Lightly brush the potato with the melted .
5) Place the salmon under the grill and cook until still slightly pinkish inside and the crusts are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with the chive segments. Serve immediately.