- 0.50 lb breakfast sausage
- 2 red potatoes
- 2 yellow potato
- 0.50 white onions
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon new mexico chile powder
- 0.50 cheddar cheese
- 0.50 colby
- 0.50 monterey jack pepper cheese
How to make Potatoes and Sausage Skillet Fry
- In a 10 inch cast iron skillet crumble and brown the breakfast sausage over medium heat. The crumbles should be about marble sized and cooked through. Remove the sausage from the pan and drain on paper towels. Reserve for later and try not to eat it all.
- If you must, pour off or blot a little of the sausage grease out of the pan, but really you don't have to. Add the cubed potatoes to the pan and stir to coat with the grease and to keep them from sticking. Liberally salt and pepper the potatoes and sprink
- When the potatoes are almost done add the onion to the pan. Turn and cook another 10 minutes or so or until the onion is cooked and the potatoes are browned and cooked through.
- Add the sausage back to the pan and cover everything with the cheese. Put the lid back on the pan and let the cheese melt, another 2-4 minutes.
- Serve with slices of tomatoes, a sprinkling of parsley or other fresh herbs or just ketchup.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Bubble and squeak
- Andouille sausage sweetcorn fritter...
- Potato and Courgette Frittata
- Baked Gruyere and sausage omelette
- Scotch pancake-wrapped buffalo saus...
- Broccoli and cheddar frittata
- Frittata with asparagus, tomato, an...
- Deep-Dish Pizza with Italian Sausag...
- Egg fu young with roasted red peppe...
- Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes
- Hash Brown Makeover
- Eggs in purgatory