2) Sift together the flour and baking powder and set aside. In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and vanilla essence and set aside.
3) In a saucepan, melt the 110g of butter over a medium-high heat. Add the water and bring to the boil. Stir in the sugar, bring back to the boil and then add the chocolate chunks. Whisk to combine well; since the butter mixture is so hot, the chocolate will melt rapidly. Pour into a large bowl and allow to cool.
4) Add the egg and vanilla mixture to the chocolate mixture and blend together using a handheld blender. Add the flour mixture and blend until combined. Fold in the pralines and chocolate chips.
5) Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Once done, remove from the oven and allow the brownies to cool before adding the topping.
Constantly stir the topping and pay attention to the temperature for the topping to come out well.
1) In a saucepan over a medium heat, add the sugar, butter and milk. Stir with a wooden spoon for about 20 minutes or until the mixture registers 106C on a candy thermometer. Immediately turn off the heat once it reaches the temperature.
2) Fold in the pecans. Allow the topping to cool, about 30 minutes. Ice the brownies with the topping. Cut into squares and serve.