Prawn terrine with cucumber, whipped grapefruit and avocado puree
1) For the prawn carpacio, dice the prawns and toss with the activa, chervil, salt and cayenne to distribute evenly. Place inside a cryovac bag and cook, sous vide-style, at 55C for 10 minutes. Place in an ice bath and slice thinly when completely cooled.
2) For the whipped grapefruit, place the grapefruit juice, agave nectar, versa whip and xanthan gum in a bowl and whisk until it reaches a meringue-like texture.
3) For the avocado puree, place the avocado, glucose and lime juice in a blender and process until smooth. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and season with salt.
4) For the cucumber, peel and dice the cucumber into 1cm cubes. Toss with the salt, lemon vinegar and agave nectar. Place inside a cryovac bag and compress.
5) To serve, arrange the prawns on the plate, with the whipped grapefruit, avocado puree and cucumber. Garnish with the shaved jalapeno, micro flowers, coriander leaves, wild char roe and micro amaranth.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.