Recipe by: Ina Garten
- 1 lemon
- 900g large prawns in the shell (about 30)
- 120ml mild chilli sauce
- 120ml good quality tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco
How to make Prawns with Cocktail Sauce
1) Cut the lemon in half and add it to a large pan of boiling water. Add the salt and then add the prawns. Cook, uncovered, for only 3 minutes, until the prawn are just cooked through.
2) Remove the prawns with a slotted spoon to a bowl of cool water. When they are cool enough to handle, peel and devein them. Chill until ready to serve.
3) For the cocktail sauce, combine the chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco. Divide the prawns between 6 serving dishes and dress with the cocktail sauce.