2) Meanwhile, in another baking dish, toss the tomatoes with enough oil to coat. Lightly season with salt and pepper and roast at the same temperature until the tomatoes blister, about 25 minutes.
3) Strain the garlic cloves and set aside in a small bowl, reserving the infused oil separately. In a blender, add the roasted tomatoes, roasted garlic, Parmesan cheese and basil. Pulse until combined.
4) While the machine is running, drizzle in 120ml of olive oil until the pesto comes together. Season with 1 1/2 tsp of salt. Remove to a bowl, cover with cling film and reserve.
5) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium heat. Add the linguine and cook until al dente. Drain.
6) Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp of the garlic oil. Season the prawns with salt and pepper and saute until the prawns turn pink and are cooked through.
7) In a large bowl add the linguine and some of the pesto. Toss to coat and top with the prawns. Garnish with toasted pine nuts and serve.
Cook's Note: There will be leftover pesto for use at a later date. Store in a screw-top jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or frozen for 1 month.