1. To make the pulled pork, preheat the oven to 140°C.
2. Mix the muscovado sugar, paprika, mustard powder, tomato puree, olive oil in a small bowl to form a thick paste. Place the pork in a roomy, deep sided oven tray and brush all over with the mixture. Pour the cola all around the pork and cover tightly with foil. Roast in the oven for 3 1/2-4 hours until the meat is soft and can be shredded with two forks.
3. Place the meat in a large bowl and pour in enough of the juices from the tin to moisten.
4. To make the apple slaw, mix the mayonnaise, crème fraîche, mustard and lemon juice in a large bowl. Season generously, then add the apple, cabbage, fennel and parsley. Toss to combine then refrigerate until needed.
3. To assemble the sandwich, flatten the doughnuts slightly in the palm of your hand, then place one doughnut on a plate and pile high with the pulled pork. Top with a bit of slaw and a dollop of apple sauce. Sandwich another doughnut and repeat a third time. Serve with potato wedges and pickled red onion.