Made this? How was it?
For the rub:
- 2 tbsps dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsps salt
For the BBQ sauce:
- 3 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 2 tbsps minced ginger
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly (seeds discarded if you don't like it spicy)
- 450g mango puree
- 115ml fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsps treacle
- 3 tbsps Worcestershire sauce
For the assembly:
- Brioche buns, split
- Bread and pickles
How to make Pulled pork with mango BBQ sauce
1) Combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl and massage the rub into the pork shoulder until well coated. Set aside while you make BBQ sauce. You could do this a day ahead and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
2) To make the BBQ sauce, in a large saucepan, warm the oil, over low heat, until hot and shimmering. Add the cumin and fennel; they should splutter upon contact - be careful! Once the spluttering subsides, add the onions, ginger, serrano and a little salt, to taste. Saute until they soften but don't let them get any colour. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients. Simmer about 5 minutes. Taste and season.
3) For the pulled pork, add the pork shoulder to the saucepan, coating it with the sauce. Cover and gently simmer until the pork falls apart easily, stirring and turning often, about 3 hours.
4) Remove the pork from the saucepan and shred it using two forks. Return it to the sauce and stir to coat with the sauce.
5) To assemble, put a generous spoonful of the pork inside a brioche bun, top with a fewof pickle and serve.
Cook's Note: prepare to have your loved one swoon over you!
- Pulled Pork
- Crispy roasted chicken with orange....
- Vanilla and black pepper pork loin
- Barbecued pulled pork sandwiches wi...
- Giddy-up Steak with Onion-Date Comp...
- Hot dogs a la rose
- Pretzel-fried steak with mango-onio...
- Prawn and pineapple not-so po' boys...
- Oven-Style Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Roasted Root Jumble with Feta Chees...
- Thai roasted green fish
- Grilled Pork Skewers with Chilli Sa...