Made this? How was it?
- 3 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion,
- 2 cloves garlic,
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 360ml low-sodium chicken stock
- 90ml tomato ketchup
- 90ml plus 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 pork fillet, about 450g, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 170g broccoli slaw
- 6 wholewheat hamburger rolls, split
How to make Pulled Pork
In a large Dutch oven heat two teaspoons of oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened and lightly browned, about five minutes. Add the chilli powder, cumin, cinnamon, and cayenne and cook until toasted, one minute more. Stir in the broth, ketchup, 90ml vinegar, and molasses. Bring to a simmer and add the pork. Simmer, covered, until the pork is just cooked through and tender, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowlthe remaining one teaspoon of oil with the remaining one tablespoon of vinegar and the mustard. Add the broccoli slaw and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
Remove the pork to a cutting board and let stand for five minutes. Increase the heat on the remaining sauce in the pot to medium-high and cook until thickened, about five minutes. Remove from the heat.
Shred the pork with two forks into large chunks and add back into the thickened sauce. Toss well to coat. Let stand for ten minutes, tossing occasionally, to let the pork absorb the sauce. Serve on a bun with the slaw on the sandwich or on the side.
Nutritional analysis per serving (without broccoli slaw): Calories 289; Total Fat 8g (Sat Fat 1.6g, Mono Fat 2.3g, Poly Fat 3g) ; Protein 21g; Carb 36g; Fiber 4g; Cholesterol 49mg; Sodium 570mg
- Peach-Mustard Pork Chops
- Shiraz Smoked Baby Back Ribs
- Classic Cowboy Steak with Mushrooms...
- Hamburger with Cheddar Cheese and H...
- Green chilli cheeseburgers
- Pulled pork and sweet corn country....
- Barbecued leg of lamb
- Picadillo Sliders
- Backyard BBQ'd spareribs
- Oven-Style Pulled Pork Sandwich
- BBQ Brisket