2) In the large bowl of an electric mixer, whisk the pumpkin puree, eggs, brown sugar, melted butter, 360ml of the double cream, sour cream, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, salt, dark rum and vanilla.
3) Pour the filling into the shell. Bake for 10 minutes, and then reduce the oven temperature to 150C/Gas 2. Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4) With the whisk attachment of an electric mixer, whip the remaining 240ml of double cream on a high speed until the cream starts to froth. Gradually add the icing sugar and whip on high until the cream stands in peaks.
5) Either spoon or pipe the whipped cream around the edges of the pie and sprinkle with crumbled praline pecans.
For the praline pecans:
1) In a small frying pan melt the butter and sugar over a medium heat. Add the pecans, stirring until bubbly; about 5 minutes.
2) Remove from the heat and pour onto aluminium foil. When the pecans are cool, crumble into small pieces.