1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. For the filling: Combine the pumpkin, cream cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg in a small bowl. Mix until nearly uniform and set aside.
3. Place 2 sheets of the filo on top of one another and brush the top sheet with some of the butter. (Keep the remaining filo dough covered with plastic wrap to prevent it from becoming dry and brittle.)
4. Cut the 2 layered sheets of filo lengthwise to create 2 long strips. Place a well-rounded tablespoon of the filling about 2 inches from the end of the dough strip.
5. To shape, fold the bottom edge of the filo up and over the filling. Fold in the sides and roll up to encase the filling, brushing the exposed dry filo with some of the butter as you roll. Place the rolled filo on a baking sheet, seam-side-down. Brush the top of the filo with some of the butter. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle the tops of the filo with pecans and demerara sugar. Bake until the filo is golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve the filos warm drizzled with the honey and topped with whipped cream if using.