Recipe by Guy Fieri
- 335g , plus extra for tins
- 335g plain flour, plus extra for tins
- 450g sugar
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 220ml coconut milk
For the glaze:
- 225g sour cream or yoghurt
- 225g sugar
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 56g coconut milk
- 225g dessicated coconut
- 100g shortening
- 112g cream cheese
- 725g sugar
- 55ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 450g dessicated coconut
How to make Put the lime in the coconut cake
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Grease and flour 2 (23cm) cake tins.
2) In an electric mixer or using a hand beater, cream theand sugar until fluffy. Add the coconut oil and eggs, 1 at a time. In another mixing bowl or on a sheet of greaseproof paper, combine the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder.
3) Add the coconut milk and the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately, beating to combine and beginning and ending with flour. Pour the batter into the prepared tins and bake for 25 to 28 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then unmould onto rack(s) over a sheet pan and allow to cool completely.
For the glaze:
1) In a medium bowl combine the sour cream or yoghurt, sugar, lime zest and juice, coconut milk and shredded coconut.
2) With a bamboo skewer, poke holes in the cake and spread the glaze on both sides of both cakes. Put the layers on top of one another, cover with cling film and chill until you are ready to ice the cake.
1) In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer beat together the , shortening and cream cheese until well blended and fluffy. Add the sugar gradually at a low speed. Beat in the coconut milk and vanilla.
2) Cover the outside of the cake completely with the
- Tropical pound cake
- Caramel peach upside-down cake
- Tres leches coconut cupcakes with d...
- Meat pies
- Lemony sunshine cupcakes
- Individual molten chocolate coconut...
- Anniversary chocolate-buttermilk la...
- Key lime coconut cupcakes
- Apple-date fritters with lemon curd...
- I've got the need, the need for fri...
- Coffee liqueur ice cream pie
- Roasted pineapple and pepper salsa