Made this? How was it?
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 medium onion, (about 3 tbsp)
- 3 cloves garlic,
- 800g whole, peeled, tinned tomatoes in puree, roughly
- Sprig of fresh thyme
- Sprig of fresh basil
- 2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make Quick marinara sauce
1) Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over a medium-high heat. Saute the onion and garlic, stirring, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the herb sprigs and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
2) Remove and discard the herb sprigs. Stir in the salt and season with pepper to taste. Use now, store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.
Cook's note: For more texture, add seeded