Made this? How was it?
- 335g pecans
- 225g unsalted , at room temperature
- 220g dark brown sugar
- 220g caster sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 335g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 675g rolled oats
- 335g dried sultanas
How to make Raisin pecan oatmeal biscuits
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4. Line several baking trays with greaseproof paper. Place the pecans on one tray and bake for five minutes, until crisp. Set aside to cool.very coarsely.
2) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the, brown sugar and caster sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla.
3) Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together into a medium bowl. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to themixture. Add the oats, raisins and pecans and mix just until combined.
4) Using a small ice-cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop 5cm mounds of dough onto the prepared baking trays. Flatten slightly with a damp hand. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer the cookies to a baking rack and cool completely.