Made this? How was it?
- 4 firm pears, peeled
- 600ml red wine
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 bunch watercress
- Handful of baby spinach
- 1 head chicory, broken into separate leaves
- 450g rump steak
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 175g Parmigiano Reggiano shavings
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make Beef Salad with Chicory, Pear and Parmigiano Reggiano
Savour the fantastic flavours of this wonderful main course salad.
1. Put the whole pears into a saucepan with the wine and sugar. Heat and simmer gently without a lid, turning the pears from time to time, until they are tender. Carefully lift the pears from the reduced liquid and leave them to cool.
2. Share the watercress, spinach and chicory between four serving plates or bowls.
3. Preheat a char-grill pan or heavy-based frying pan. Brush the rump steak with one tablespoon olive oil, then char-grill or fry it over a high heat for two or three minutes on each side. Remove from the pan, cover with foil and leave to rest for five minutes.
4. Cut the pears into quarters, removing the core. Arrange one pear on each salad.the beef with a sharp knife, then share between the portions. Add the shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, and drizzle the remaining olive oil over the salads along with a few drops of balsamic vinegar. Serve, sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper.
Cook’s tip: If possible, use a cheese slicer to produce the shavings.
Recipe Courtesy of Parmigiano Reggiano
- Parmigiano Reggiano and Butternut S...
- Cherry Tomato Tarts with Parmigiano...
- Parmigiano Reggiano, Pumpkin and Po...
- Yang Yang Crispy Beef
- Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese Soufflé...
- Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese and Aspa...
- Open Lasagne of Parmigiano Reggiano...
- Chicken or Steak with Balsamic BBQ....
- Caramelised Pears and Goats' Cheese...
- Grilled chicken with spinach and pi...
- Parmigiano Reggiano Canapés with H...
- Chicory, pear, and Roquefort salad