Rare Roast Beef and Yorkshire Puddings
Horseradish cream and crispy onion rings give this dish real class.
1) To make the Yorkshire puddings, sift the flour and add pinch of salt. Whisk the eggs and milk then slowly whisk into the flour to make the batter. Leave the mix to rest overnight in the fridge.
2) Once rested, whisk the mix and bring to room temp. Heat pudding trays with oil at 220°C until smoking, and then pour in the batter and cook for 35 mins until risen and golden brown. Do not open the oven door when they are cooking.
3) For the onion rings, slice the onion thinly in whole slices. Dust in flour and then deep fry until golden brown.
4) Slice Yorkshire in half (not all the way!) and open like a bun. In a bowl gently mix the salad and dressing together, and then fill Yorkshire with salad. Season both slices of the sirloin and lay on top.
5) Blend the grated horseradish, chives and creme fraiche together and spoon a large tablespoon over the beef, before sprinkling with onion rings.