2) In a medium bowl, combine the plain flour, bicarbonate of soda, orange zest, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to combine. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the granulated sugar and butter until blended, about 30 seconds. With the machine running, add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla essence. Add the dry ingredients, a small amount at a time, until just incorporated. Using a rubber spatula, fold the drained raspberries evenly into the batter.
3) Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 55 to 60 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for ten minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. (Cake may deflate in the center during cooling)
To make the Vin Santo cream:
1) In a large bowl, beat the cream until it holds soft peaks.
2) Add the vanilla essence , icing sugar, and Vin Santo. Continue to beat mixture until cream holds stiff peaks.
3) Transfer the pound cake to a serving platter. Slice and serve with the Vin Santo cream.