Made this? How was it?
- 60g softened salted
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 20g cocoa powder
- 30ml red food colouring
- 15ml vanilla extract
- 130ml buttermilk
- 150g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 300g sugar
- 50g salted
- 125g cream cheese
How to make Red Velvet Cupcakes
Cream theand sugar together until light and fluffy, then add the beaten egg. Mix the cocoa powder, colouring and vanilla together to form a paste then add to the creamed mixture.
Sift the flour and add 1 tbsp at a time along with the buttermilk.on high for 30 seconds to get nice and light and fluffy, then switch off the machine and add the soda and vinegar so they start to fizz. Mix again and then spoon into deep cupcake cases (3.8cm height) and bake at 170 °C for 20 minutes until they bounce back to the touch.
Cool on a wire rack and in the meantime make theby mixing all the ingredients together for several minutes until light and fluffy.
Add more milk orsugar to change the consistency. You should aim for something that holds its shape without being too stiff. the on top of the cakes using a reusable bag and large star nozzle and decorate as required.
- Lemon Drop Cupcakes
- Country vanilla sponge cake
- Lemon drop afternoon tea cake
- White Chocolate Truffle and Champag...
- Dairy Free Lime and Coconut Cupcake...
- Egg-Free Banana Passion Fruit Cupca...
- Wheat Free Chocolate Orange Cupcake...
- Brandy-Soaked Christmas Cupcakes
- Abby's Banoffee Pie
- Dulce de Leche Miniature Doughnuts
- Chocolate mousse with chilli chocol...
- Brandy Cream