Recipe by: Lotte Duncan
Freeze-dried strawberries and a touch of glitter will make your red velvet cupcakes stand o...4:55
Lotte Duncan demonstrates how to master this classic cupcake straight from the American Sou...1:10
Age Restricted Content
For the cupcakes:
- 185g self raising flour
- 15g cocoa powder
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2-4 tsp red food colour
- 175g softened unsalted
- 125g full fat cream cheese
- 175g sieved sugar
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Red food colour
How to make Red Velvet Cupcakes
1. Cream theand the sugar together until light and fluffy.
Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add to theand sugar in 5-6 stages.
Sieve in the flour and cocoa adding the food colouring.
Divide the mixture between 12 muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes at 200°C.
Note: the final result of the cupcakes will depend greatly on the quality of the food colouring. Buy the best quality food colouring you can get (preferablly a gel colour).
1. Cream thein a stand mixer or hand mixer and beat until soft.
2. Add the cream cheese in 2 or three stages followed by thesugar again in 2 or 3 stages.
3. Add the lemon juice and beat for a few minutes.
4. Leave to stand in a cool place for at least an hour.
5. Take half of theand add 1/2 tsp red food colour.
6. In abag fitted with a star tube, place the red down one side of the bag and half the remaining down the other half of the bag. swirls on each cupcake.