Made this? How was it?
For the potatoes:
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 240ml dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 225g small, red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed
- 225g small, white-skinned waxy-style potatoes, scrubbed
- 225g small, blue-skinned potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 stalks celery, thinly
- 2 tbsp minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 spring onions (white and green), thinly
For the dressing:
- 60ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 120ml extra-virgin olive oil
How to make Red, white and blue potato salad
1) To make the potatoes: Tie the thyme, parsley, rosemary, and bay leaf together with a piece of kitchen twine. Put the bundle in a medium saucepan along with the wine and garlic.the potatoes into 0.5cm-thick rounds and add to the saucepan. Add cold water, to cover by 2.5cm, and the salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Adjust the heat to maintain a gentle simmer, and cook until the potatoes are tender but not mushy, about 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes, and discard the herb bundle.
2) Meanwhile, make the dressing. In a large bowl combine the vinegar, mustard and salt and season with pepper, to taste. Graduallyin the oil to make a smooth dressing.
3) Add the warm potatoes to the dressing and toss very gently to combine, taking care not to break up the potatoes. Add the celery and set aside to cool.
4) When ready to serve, carefully fold in the parsley and spring onions.
- Red, White and Blue Coleslaw
- Plum caipirinha
- Red, White and Blue Potato Salad
- Avocado and edamame salad
- Cream scones with currants
- Mini Welsh Beef Burgers with Gorgon...
- Potato salad
- French potato salad
- German-style potato salad
- Almond shortbreads
- Black bean and corn salad
- Honky tonk sweet and spicy salad dr...