Made this? How was it?
- 4 pounds chicken bones,
- 3 large Spanish onions, quartered (skin left on)
- 1/2 head celery, coarsely
- 2 large carrots, coarsely
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 whole peppercorns
- Small bunch flat-leaf parsley, stems only
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
How to make Rich Chicken Stock
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Combine chicken bones, onions, celery, and carrots in a large roasting pan; toss with oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Roast until the bones and vegetables are a rich golden brown, about 30 to 40 minutes.
Transfer the bones and vegetables to a large stockpot, add 12 cold water, and the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 4 hours, skimming the scum that rises to the top with a ladle every 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and strain through a mesh strainer into a clean pot. Place back on the stove over high heat and cook until reduced by half. Use immediately or let cool to room temperature, cover, and refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
- Keith Young's Chicken Cacciatore
- Chicken-posole soup
- Throwdown's matzo ball soup
- Chicken stock
- Bulgur Salad with Green Onion Vinai...
- Mesa Grill potato salad
- Saffron-pea basmati rice salad
- Mashed potatoes with roasted garlic...
- Fulton Fish Market cioppino with so...
- Bar Americain's Gulf Shrimp and Gri...
- Caribbean sorrel cocktail
- Pineapple ginger vanilla vodka