Made this? How was it?
For the ricotta and chocolate chip ice cream:
- 450g whole milk ricotta cheese
- 250ml whole milk
- 250ml simple syrup, recipe follows
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 175g milk chocolate chips
For the sugar cones:
- 12 caster sugar cones
- 150ml chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 90g milk chocolate chips
For the simple syrup:
- 125ml water
- 100g caster sugar
- Special equipment:
- 1 1/4-L capacity ice cream maker
- 4 glass tumblers to hold sugar cones
- 60ml ice cream scoop
How to make Ricotta and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cones
Ricotta and chocolate chip ice cream:
In a medium bowl, together the ricotta cheese and milk until smooth. Add the simple syrup and vanilla essence. Stir to combine.
Pour the ricotta mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Add the chocolate chips 10 minutes before the end of freezing.
Stand three sugar cones in each of the four glass tumblers. Mix the chocolate-hazelnut spread and chocolate chips together in a small bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Stir until the chocolate chips have melted and the mixture is smooth.
Spoon 2 teaspoons of the chocolate mixture into each sugar cone. Place the glasses in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes until the chocolate becomes firm.
Using a 60ml ice cream scoop, place one scoop of ice cream on top of each granulated sugar cone. Serve immediately.
Simple sugar syrup:
In a saucepan, combine the water and caster sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the caster sugar has dissolved. Take the pan off the heat and allow the syrup to cool.
- Frozen Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Raspberry Ice Cream sodas
- Creamy ricotta tart with pine nuts
- Chocolate-Hazelnut Gelato
- Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
- Amaretto chocolate chip cookie sand...
- Chocolate Sformato with Amaretto Wh...
- Ricotta and Vanilla Ravioli with Or...
- Chocolate and Ricotta Pie
- Lemon Ricotta Granita
- Ricotta parfaits
- Ricotta with honey and raspberries