Made this? How was it?
- 45ml olive oil, plus 45ml
- 500g butternut squash, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt, plus 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus 1/2 tsp
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 500g rigatoni
- 500g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 185 to 250ml whole milk
- 60g fresh basil leaves
- 25g Parmesan cheese
How to make Rigatoni with squash and prawns
1) Warm 45ml of olive oil in a large, heavy frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the butternut squash, garlic, one tsp salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Saute until the squash is golden and tender, five to seven minutes.
2) Add the vegetable stock, bring to a simmer, cover and cook until the squash is very soft, another five to seven minutes.
3) Transfer the squash mixture to a blender or food processor and puree.
4) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta.
5) Meanwhile, warm the remaining 45ml of olive oil in a large, heavy frying pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the prawns with the remaining one teaspoon of salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. Add the prawns to the pan and cook until just pink, about three minutes.
6) In a large pot over low heat combine the cooked pasta, pureed squash mixture, and 185ml milk. Stir to combine. Add the remaining 65ml milk if the sauce needs to be moistened. Add the cooked prawns, basil, and cheese.
7) Stir until warm and serve.
- Linguine with Prawns and Lemon Oil
- Rigatoni with aubergine puree
- Rigatoni with creamy mushroom sauce...
- Rigatoni with Vegetable Bolognese
- Rigatoni with Aubergine Puree
- Fusilli with prawn, orange and rock...
- Jumbo prawns with basil and mint pe...
- Mussels, clams and prawns in spicy....
- Spaghetti with clams
- Tagliatelle with smashed peas, saus...
- Spaghetti with aubergine, butternut...
- Fusilli with prawns and rocket