1. In a pestle and mortar, pound together the green and black peppercorns, and the garlic. Roughly crush the mixture.
2. Then add the palm sugar and the chicken stock cube and continue to pound for a few seconds.
3. Stir in the soy sauce, fish sauce and lime juice. Set aside.
4. Score the skin side of the thighs to allow the marinade to penetrate. Pour the marinade over the thighs and mix well. Leave to marinate 4-6 hours or preferably overnight in the refrigerator. Do this in a freezer bag to be able to coat properly.
5. Bring to room temperature before cooking.
6. Pre-heat the oven on 180°C. Place the thighs onto a baking tray and put on the middle shelf of the oven. Roast for approximately 20-40 minutes until the skins go crisp and golden brown. Baste occasionally.
Serve with Asian Slaw
For the Asian Slaw:
1. First combine together all the slaw ingredients into a mixing bowl.
2. Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients into a clean jam jar. Close the jar with a lid and shake vigorously.
3. Pour the dressing over the slaw and combine thoroughly. Allow the mixture to macerate well. Just before serving add the honey roasted peanuts, mix well and transfer onto a serving platter.