2) Scatter the vegetables on the bottom of a roasting tin just large enough to hold the turkey. Set the meat breast-side up in the tin. Roast for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the roast registers 71C.
3) Transfer the turkey to a cutting board and tent loosely with foil for 30 minutes. (The breast temperature will continue to rise to 77C as it rests.)
4) Pour any pan drippings into a degreasing cup or small bowl. Reserve 3 tbsp of the fat, discard the rest, and add the juices to the stock. Add the reserved fat to the roasting tin and place on a burner over medium high heat. Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the tin with a wooden spoon.
5) Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Whisk in the stock and continue to stir. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Strain the gravy, discarding the vegetables, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Carve the breast and serve with the gravy.
Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved