Made this? How was it?
- 2 medium aubergines, peeled
- 1 red pepper, seeded
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsps good olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsps salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 2 tbsps tahini
- 3 tbsps parsley, plus extra for garnish
How to make Roasted aubergine spread
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
2) Cut the aubergines, red pepper and onion into 2-cm cubes. Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, cayenne, salt and pepper. Spread on a baking tray and roast for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking. Cool slightly.
3) Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the lemon juice and tahini, and pulse three or four times to . Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Transfer to a bowl and add the parsley.
Garnish with the extra parsley and serve.
- Savoury palmiers
- Roasted prawns with Thousand Island...
- Rosemary roasted cashews
- Fingerling potatoes with aioli
- Spicy cashews
- Baked brie
- Smoked salmon and egg salad tartine...
- Bruschetta with peppers and Gorgonz...
- Blini with smoked salmon
- Bruschetta with peppers and gorgonz...
- Cheese straws
- Lobster salad in chicory