Made this? How was it?
- 1 x 375g ready-rolled puff pastry sheet, defrosted if frozen
- 75g Parmigiano Reggiano, finely
- 9 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Beaten egg or milk, to glaze
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano, to garnish
How to make Cherry Tomato Tarts with Parmigiano Reggiano
These tarts are so easy to make as they use ready-rolled puff pastry. They’re best eaten whilst warm - a few minutes after they come out of the oven.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / fan oven 180°C / gas mark 6. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
2. Unroll the puff pastry sheet and cut into six equal rectangles. Using a sharp knife, score a border within each pastry rectangle about two cm (¾ inch) from the edge, being careful to avoid cutting right through the pastry. Place on the baking sheet.
3. Spread the inner rectangle of each piece of pastry with a little pesto sauce, and then sprinkle the cheese on top. Share the tomatoes between the tarts, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Brush the pastry edges with beaten egg or milk, then bake for about 15 minutes. At this point you can transfer to a freezer-safe container to fully cook from frozen later. Please note, cooking times will increase when cooking from frozen and you may need to lower your oven temperature slightly. Once baked, sprinkle the pine nuts over the tarts, and then bake for a further four or five minutes, until the pastry is risen and crisp. Cool for a few minutes, then serve, garnished with shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano.
Cook’s tip: Add a little Parma Ham or pepperoni for a tasty variation.
Recipe Courtesy of Parmigiano Reggiano
- Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese Soufflé...
- Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese and Aspa...
- Gorgonzola, Pear and Parma Ham Puff...
- Parmigiano Reggiano, Pumpkin and Po...
- Parmigiano Reggiano and Butternut S...
- Strawberry panzanella
- Smoked salmon and cucumber tartine
- Gorgonzola Tagliatelle with Walnuts...
- Welsh Wine, Goat's Cheese, Leek and...
- Stuffed Chicken Breast with Feta an...
- Tequila lime tart
- Roasted Rhubarb and Almond Tartlets...