1) Preheat oven to 230C/Gas 9. Line a rimmed baking tray with heavy-duty aluminium foil.
2) In a large frying pan, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon from pan, leaving as much grease in the pan as possible. Set bacon aside on paper towels.
3) In a large bowl, combine potatoes, fennel and onion. Pour reserved bacon grease over potato mixture, tossing gently to coat. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
4) Spoon mixture in an even layer onto a prepared baking tray. Roast for 40 minutes.
5) Stir occasionally or until potatoes are browned and tender. Add reserved bacon, tossing gently to combine.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.