1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
2. Place the asparagus on the prepared baking sheet. Whisk together the orange juice, olive oil, ginger, mustard, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl to make a citronette. Drizzle the citronette over the asparagus. Toss to coat.
3. Bake to desired tenderness, turning once halfway through the cooking time, about 8 minutes.
4. Place the ground chilli in a shallow plate. Dredge the panela slices in the chilli powder, coating on both sides. Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the cheese to sear, about 2 minutes per side.
5. Serve the cheese on top of the asparagus on platter. Garnish with cilantro, mint, zest and orange segments. Serve warm or at room temperature.