1) Preheat the to 220C/Gas 8.
2) Place the pheasant into a hot frying pan. Once in the pan, add four knobs of butter. Using a pair of tongs, move the pheasant around in the hot butter for two minutes so the skin starts to brown. Take off the heat.
3) In a non-reactive dish, stir the butterfat, breadcrumbs and thyme together with a spoon. Halfway through, add the brandy and continue mixing. Finally, add some salt and pepper to form a stuffing mix.
4) Spoon the stuffing mix inside the pheasant until it's full.
5) Wrap the bird with strips of streaky bacon in crisscrossed shapes.
6) Using the string, pull it up from under the bird, tying slipknots to secure the bacon.
7) Place the pheasant on a baking tray and put into the oven for 10 minutes, before turning down the temperature to 180C/Gas 4 for a further 10 minutes.
8) Boil the vegetables and season with butter, salt and pepper.
9) Take out the pheasant and let it rest for 10 minutes, spooning its own juices on top.
Using a carving knife and fork, remove the bacon and slice the meat. Serve with carrots, peas, potatoes and gravy.