2) Rinse and pat dry the chicken. Add the chicken to the bowl, turn and baste several times, then cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours, turning the chicken and basting occasionally.
3) Preheat the oven to 230C/Gas 8. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in a roasting pan just large enough to accommodate it. Tuck the wings under the chicken and baste with the reserved marinade.
4) Place in the preheated oven and roast for 15 minutes. Turn the heat down to 180C/Gas 4 and continue to roast for an additional 50 minutes, basting occasionally, or until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 82C.
5) Prepare the jasmine rice according to the package instructions during the last 30 minutes of roasting. Remove the chicken from the oven, cover loosely with foil, and leave to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
6) Serve slices of chicken over a bed of cooked jasmine rice, with the coriander cream sauce drizzled over the breasts.
Coriander cream sauce:
1) Melt the butter in a 25cm to 30cm saute pan until sizzling. Add the garlic, ginger root, coriander and cumin and saute for about 4 minutes or until fragrant.
2) Add the soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the whipping cream and cook until slightly reduced or until the sauce coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
3) Remove from the heat and stir in the lime and pineapple juices. The sauce can be made 2 days ahead, then covered and refrigerated. Warm the sauce before serving.