Recipe by Anne Burrell
- 4 red bell peppers
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small links chorizo, or a 10cm piece of large chorizo
- 2 to 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and
- 1 tsp pimenton (smoked paprika)
- 20g toasted almonds
- 200g baby rocket
- 25g shaved manchego
- 3 spring onions, thinly
How to make Roasted red peppers with chorizo, manchego and almonds (Spain)
1) Preheat the grill. Put the peppers on a grill pan and grill them until they are black on all sides. Remove them from the grill, put in a bowl and cover with cling film. Leave to sit for at least 15 minutes, then remove the cling film and let them cool.
2) Using your fingers scrape off all the black char from the outside of the peppers; use a paper towel if needed to assist with this. Remove the stem and seeds and cut the peppers into 1cm wide strips.
3) While the peppers are cooling, heat a small frying pan over a medium-high heat and coat the bottom with olive oil. Add the chorizo and cook until it is crispy on all sides. Remove from the pan to a cutting board and finely.
4) In a small bowl,together the vinegar, 2 to 3 tbsp of olive oil, the garlic and pimenton. Season with salt, to taste. In a large bowl toss together the roasted peppers, chorizo, almonds, rocket and a little of the vinaigrette. Add the vinaigrette in stages to make sure the vegetables are well coated but not overdressed.
5) Taste to check the seasoning, add more salt if necessary. Arrange on a pretty serving dish and sprinkle with shaved manchego and scallions. OLE!!
- Apple and prune stuffed pork loin
- Steamed mussels with spicy red pepp...
- Warm shaved fennel with pink grapef...
- Herb roasted chicken
- Poblano stuffed with chorizo, prawn...
- Chorizo, spinach and chickpea saute...
- Olive Oil Poached Salmon
- Roasted vegetables with Thai vinaig...
- Roasted courgette with preserved le...
- Basic crepes
- Pork Milanese with warm autumn sala...
- Prawn cacciucco