Made this? How was it?
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, 150-175g each
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2 ruby red grapefruits
- 10ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1 tsp freshly ginger
- 2 1/2 tsp honey
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp thinly basil leaves
How to make Roasted salmon with shallot grapefruit sauce
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2) Season the salmon with 1/4 tsp salt, place in a baking dish and roast until cooked through, about 18 minutes.
3) While the salmon is cooking prepare the sauce. Cut one of the grapefruits into sections by cutting off the top and bottom of the fruit, then standing it on one end, cut down the skin to remove the pith and peel. Then, with a paring knife, remove each segment of fruit from its casing and cut the segments in half. Set the segment pieces aside. Juice the other grapefruit and set the juice aside.
4) In a medium frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the shallot and saute until softened, about two minutes. Add the ginger, grapefruit juice, honey, and cayenne pepper and bring to simmer. Cook until sauce is reduced by about half, about 10 minutes. Add lemon juice and season with salt, to taste.
5) Right before serving, toss the grapefruit pieces and basil into the sauce. Put the salmon onto a serving dish.
6) Spoon sauce over the salmon and serve.
- Salmon florentine
- Fish Tacos with Chipotle Cream
- Saucy salmon
- Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast
- Salmon cakes with creamy ginger-ses...
- Golden crushed potatoes
- Roasted beef tenderloin with rosema...
- Griddled prawns with grapefruit bbq...
- Roasted wild salmon with tomatoes,....
- Griddled salmon steaks with chipotl...
- Corny Mango Salmon
- Johnny Garlic's cedar plank salmon