2) When ready to grill, preheat 1 of the burners to 180C/Gas 5.
3) Make sure the chicken is clean and innards are removed; pat dry with a paper towel and set aside.
4) In a small mixing bowl, add paprika, brown sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic salt, chilli powder and mix well. Take the chicken and separate the skin from the breast taking care not to tear or remove skin. Apply the spice rub directly to the chicken breast, under the skin. Apply rub to the entire chicken, inside and out, reserving at least 2 tbsps.
5) Punch 2 holes at the top of the tin, with a manual hand-held can opener. In a new bowl, mix butter and remaining spice rub. Add this mixture to the half-full tin of beer. Place chicken over beer tin and insert into the cavity of the chicken, keeping beer can standing up.
6) Place the wood chips in a foil smoker pouch over the active burner on the grill and set the chicken, on a pie plate, over the in-active burner. Close the lid. Rotate the chicken every 20 minutes. 5 minutes before cooking is complete, drizzle the honey over the chicken. The chicken should take about 1 hour and 20 minutes to cook, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 80 degrees C. Slice and serve.