For the pork:
1) Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
2) Cut off 2-slices (about 35g) of pork and set aside for spanish rice.
3) Make at least 12-slits in pork with the tip of a very sharp knife. Put 1 clove of garlic in each slit. In a small bowl, mix together the sazon and adobo seasonings. Add 50g sofrito and stir together. Rub over entire pork shoulder.
4) Place pork in large roasting pan, wrap with foil and cook for 3 hours. Remove the foil and crank oven up to 200 degrees C and let cook additional 20 minutes until desired crispness.
5) Serve warm with spanish rice.
For the rice:
1) In large saucepan on high heat, saute onions and reserved pork in the butter until lightly browned. Add sazon, adobo, rice, water and 2 tbsp sofrito. Do not stir at any point. Cook about 10 minutes on high or until the water begins to evaporate to almost the level of the rice.
2) Add pigeon peas and coriander. Cover with lid, reduce heat to low and let cook until water is totally evaporated and rice is tender. Remove from heat.
For the sofrito:
1) In a food processor add green pepper, onion, and coriander. Pour in oil and mix well.
Cook's Note: Can keep in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.