- 3 skim milk
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 4 russet potato
- 2 carrot
- 2 parsnip
- 0.25 lb turkey ham
- 1 gruyere cheese
- 0.50 plain breadcrumbs
- 1 to taste salt
- 1 to taste fresh ground black pepper
- 1 to taste nonstick cooking spray
How to make Root Vegetable Gratin With Ham and Gruyere
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, garlic, bay leaf, nutmeg, potatoes, carrots and parsnips and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down so that the mixture simmers, season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables over a bowl. Retain 1 cup of the milk mixture and discard the bay leaf.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray and arrange half of the sliced vegetables in it. Sprinkle the ham and half of the cheese over the vegetables. Cover with the remaining vegetables. Pour the reserved milk over the vegetables and sprinkle with the rem
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue cooking until the cheese and bread crumbs begin to brown, about 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Riesling roast turkey with fig and....
- Lamb Chops with Root Vegetables and...
- Root gratin
- Roasted Root Vegetable Lamb Stew
- Root vegetable hash with horseradis...
- Poached river char with pearl barle...
- Provencal Potato Gratin
- The ultimate potato gratin
- Leek, Bacon, and Gruyere Crustless....
- Grown-up macaroni cheese
- Vegetable tian
- Verdure al forno