2) Make a paste by mixing the garlic, huacatay, pepper, salt, aji, cumin, lemon or lime juice and achiote.
3) Spread paste on the chicken and rub well from outside to inside. Leave to stand in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more, for a good flavour.
4) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Put the chicken in the roasting pan with lid and cook, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until golden brown.
5) Put the whole chicken on a plate with the fried yucca root around, and the 2 sauces on the side for dipping.
For the yucca root:
1) Boil the yucca like a potato until cooked and then cut it into a chip shape.
2) In a deep pan or a deep-fryer heat the oil to 180C. Fry the yucca in batches, if necessary, until golden brown and crispy. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
For the aji sauce:
1) Make a cream by blending the aji with the salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil.
2) Add the spring onions and lime juice and mix well.
For the cheese sauce:
1) Blend all the ingredients in a blender to a creamy sauce.