Serves: Pie topping
1) Sift the flour and salt into large bowl.
2) Grate in lard and margarine. Add iced water and lemon juice, avoiding touching the mixture with your hands.
3) Gently, using a pallet knife, cut the butter and lard into the flour, and a breadcrumb consistency begins to form.
4) Add a squeeze of lemon juice, stirring it into the paste with a knife.
5) Add the iced water, a little at a time, stirring it gently as a dough begins to form.
6) Empty the mixture onto a flat surface and pat it together.
7) Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
8) Sprinkle flour on a flat surface and roll out the dough. Fold over the left hand and right side of the dough and roll it again. Fold the opposite sides on top of one another and place in the fridge for ten minutes.
9) Take out the pastry again and repeat the process at least five times, chilling each time.
10) After the final roll, leave in the fridge for 30 minutes. Then roll it out to cover the pie.