2) Dump the dough out onto a well-plain floured board and roll it into a ball. Cut the ball in quarters, wrap each piece in cling film, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3) To make the filling, combine 6 tbsps of sugar, the brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, the sultanas, and walnuts.
4) On a well-floured board, roll each ball of dough into a 18cm circle. Spread the dough with 2 tbsps apricot preserve and sprinkle with 50g of the filling. Press the filling lightly into the dough. Cut the circle into 12 equal wedges, cutting the whole circle in quarters, then each quarter into thirds. Starting with the wide edge, roll up each wedge. Place the biscuits, points tucked under, on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Chill for 30 minutes.
5) Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
6) Brush each biscuit with the egg wash. Combine 3 tbsps of sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle on the cookies. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
7) Remove to a wire rack, let cool and serve.